Due to the prolonged heat The City of Gilbert, is requesting all residents voluntarily conserve water.
Public Works has been able to keep up with demand HOWEVER, with the prolonged heat and little rainfall we do not want to add unnecessary stress to the city's drinking wells.
Please be considerate and follow these steps to help conserve the city's water supply:
• Do not water lawns, shrubs, or gardens between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. or considering not watering at all.
• Do not use water to fill private swimming pools, reflecting pools, or any other outdoor pool or pond.
• Do not use water for nonessential cleaning of commercial and industrial equipment, machinery, and interior spaces.
• Do not wash streets, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, or building exteriors.
• Do not wash your car at home.
• Water should be served at restaurants only upon customer request.
• Reduce or limit use of child sprinkler toys and wading pools.
• Only run your clothes washer and dishwasher when you have a full load.
• Check for leaks in faucets and toilets and get them repaired.
• Also, it is common that during hot weather people take more showers and baths. Consider shortening the length of time in the shower and perhaps fill the bathtub only half full.